Art Eye: Ophanic Eyelash, Alex Grey

Hi everyone! So some of you will know I have recently set up my Instagram and Twitter pages (links are on the right) and I got a request for me to do an art eye based on work by Alex Grey on Instagram. I had never heard of this artist before and I so I did some research, and his work is very creative and I really liked it. I liked the colour and pattern included in the work, and I think that he covers a very interesting subject area.

So I decided to look at this piece of work, because it was one of my favourite pieces of his. Alex Grey is an American artist, who focuses on visionary art (basically spiritual art).  

So I thought the easiest thing to do with this painting, would be to literally copy the pattern from this piece of work. So I actually used non toxic face paints to do this because of the vivid colour, it would be easier to achieve a proper influence. I started off with a base of a yellow colour from my Sleek Au Natural Palette, and lined my eye with a red pencil. 
I know it looks like I am really sick or something, but this is just a base, so you have to wait until it all comes together really. Please excuse my skin, it has been really bad recently haha.

After that I went in with the face paints, and basically used them as liners and copied the pattern. Then I put lot's of mascara on, to make my eyes look a bit more like eyes, and open them up more. I feel like I probably could have been more precise with my lines but I think it turned out ok.







I never do things this bold, and it was a real challenge for me to do this makeup, but I enjoy a challenge, and I think I did okay. Hope you enjoyed this one, and again, if you have any questions on requests leave a comment, or contact me on my social media pages. Thanks.


HG

Comments

POPULAR POSTS