Art Eye: Oh, Jeff... , Roy Litchenstein

Hello again! So I am again doing another pop art look, and it's probably one you have seen a lot. I see this type of make up look everywhere, and I really wanted to give it a go! Bare with me because this one is going to be picture heavy. 

This is one of the many, comic and cartoon inspired pieces of work Lichtenstein did, I am sure most people are familiar with work like this, it is basically a teaching staple in most art classes. Lichtenstein used small dots in these manga like pieces, and this piece depicts a woman on the phone, to who we assume is her lover. Lichtenstein created a series of paintings that depicted women who were unhappy in love affairs with controlling men, like the more famous piece 'In The Car'. His subjects was often cropped in, and to me it adds to the secrecy of the subject. In real life, if you were cropped in this much of a picture of a woman, you would see a lot of detail, and this is contrasting the fact that this is a very basic, and simple depiction of a woman. 

On to the makeup! I started off by using a lighter foundation than I would usually, because I wanted the red dots to pop. I then concealed well, and powdered a lot to get that flawless finish. I used my Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner, in 100% Black, to fill in my brow, line my eye and add eyelashes, and add lines to my nose and mouth. I used a Rimmel eyeliner pencil in white on my waterline, lower lash line and a little in the gap between my top and bottom liner as well. Also, this is the first time I am using like my whole face, and showing my whole face on my blog, which I am kinda scared about it, and my skin is really bad this week so be nice haha :)





I then used the end of a bbq stick (a very thin wooden stick with a flat end) and dipped it in my Collection Lipstick in Queen of Hearts, and put the dots onto my face. I used the same lipstick to fill in my lips with a lip brush for accuracy.











And that is the basic look, it looks really hard, but you just have to have a steady hand with the liner, and the dotting. I know my dots on this aren't that great, but you get the overall idea. I was really trying to avoid doing this makeup because I have seen it done so many times, but I enjoyed it so much, I am actually considering wearing it for Halloween haha. Hope you guys enjoyed this post, and as always feel free to leave a comment. Thank you!

HGx

P.S: Seeing as I kinda want to do this for Halloween now, and I have seen this look done full faced a lot, I wanted mine to be different, so I only did half my face. I though I would show you what I would/will wear on the other half of my face as well, like a bonus Halloween tutorial :) 

So for this eye look, I used the Sleek i-Divine eyeshadow palette, in Storm. I used the coppery gold colour on the lid, and the dark matte brown on the outer corner and crease. I then used an angled brush and the black powder to create this wing. I just did my basic everyday base,foundation (except I used a lighter foundation than usual), concealer, contour and blush, and filled in my brow naturally, and continued on the red lip. I think this looks a bit like a pinup look, and is a bit different than the full faced pop art thing, much more party appropriate. It sort of combines the make up from the era and the art from the era which I LOVE.












HGx


Comments

POPULAR POSTS