Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Kiko Unlimited Stylo Review and Swatches

Kiko is a brand that I first lusted over when Sam Chapman mentioned their eyeshadow sticks in a Pixiwoo video. I didn't get to try any of their stuff until I went to Florence and discovered a Kiko store where I quickly spent a few Euro's. Last month I visited Cardiff and found out that they have a Kiko and again, I spent a fair amount in there on various goodies. I posted a little haul on my Instagram if you are interested in the other things I bought. One product really stood out to me, and it's something that I spotted at the last second and threw two into my shopping bag because I have a small lipstick addiction! I've never properly reviewed anything on this blog, but I just wanted to say that any time I do a review, I am going to be 100% honest about it. If I didn't like it, if it didn't work on me, anything good or bad I will be putting into this post.


These are Kiko's Unlimited Stylo, a long lasting lipstick that claims to have 8 hour wear. Firstly, the packaging of these lipsticks are so pretty, in a sleek silver bullet they feel much more expensive than they are. They make a change from the standard black packaging for highstreet lipstick (looking at you Rimmel). I really like the actual lipstick bullet as well because it's a sharp slant, which means that you have an edge that allows you to get a neat line without having to apply with a lip brush, although you do lose the defined edge the more times you apply it. I prefer this to the conventional lipstick shape as it is easier for on the go application. I also think the strip of colour across the front is a really nice touch. I will say, sometimes it's hard to get the cap off but I don't know if that's just me being a weak human being or the packaging, both a con and a pro as the cap won't come off in your bag and cause a mess which is the worst thing.



I got the shades 06 Poppy Red and 13 Cocoa, a pinky taupe colour. I have tried and tested these lipsticks, honestly I am so impressed with them. They are a matte texture, but aren't drying on the lips like most cheaper lipsticks. They go onto the lips smoothly and create an even layer of opaque colour. The swatches on my hand are one swipe! I wore shade 13 to Uni recently, and I found it lasted really well. I did touch up at lunch but I feel like it could have lasted okay without it, and that is still 5 hours and a one messy lunch later. It pulls a little cooler on me, because I am neutral so sometimes colours look a little different, but I still love it. In comparison with another high street matte lipstick, Sleek True Colour Lipstick, it wore a lot more comfortably, my lips weren't as dry, however I feel like the Sleek one lasted a bit better. 

I am so excited about this red colour, I think it is perfect for my skin tone and work really well with my colouring. It really is a classic 50's cherry red. I'm not going to say it's a Mac Ruby Woo dupe, it's more in between Ruby Woo and Russian Red. These lipsticks retail for £6.90 normally, but right now they are 30% off at £4.90, which is an amazing price for the quality. 




Have you tried these lipsticks? What's you're favourite drugstore matte lipstick?

HGx

No comments:

Post a Comment