Glossy Makeup Looks


I've come round to using gloss in makeup. I used to think it was slightly stupid, and I didn't really get the hype. Until I used it in a look and I actually fell in love with how beautiful it looks. In combination with certain colours and textures it emphasises them in such a stunning way. There's a few different products you can use for the gloss. Not all brands do an eye gloss and those that do tend to be a bit expensive, but obviously it will be specifically formulate for the eyes and so the safest option. You can also use clear lip gloss, vaseline, and something I use a lot which was a tip from one of my favourite MUA on instagram, Sara Engle, which is to use water based lube. This is actually used a lot in SFX makeup as well, make sure it is water based as it's safer to use around the face and eyes. As with everything that isn't specifically for your eyes, always use caution and if it doesn't feel right take it off immediately. I personally haven't had a reaction to any of the listed products but you never know how you will react. Also be careful when removing the product as you can actually make it worse by rubbing it into the eye. So whilst it's not really practical for everyday makeup, it's great for photoshoots or for your instagram feed. Here's a few of my favourite glossy looks!

A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on

A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on


A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on

A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on

A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on

A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on

A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on

A post shared by Gemma (@hiddengemblog) on

These are just a few of my glossy looks, if you want to see more you can check me out on instagram where I post looks like this frequently!

Gem x



Comments

POPULAR POSTS